(2) Where of these places is James from?
(3) What were James's Mum and Dad's occupations?
His Dad a miner and his Mum a housewife
His Dad unemployed and his Mum a housewife
His Dad a bookie and his Mum a carpenter
His Dad a carpenter and his Mum a bookie
(4) What was the first record James bought?
"My Old Piano" - Diana Ross
"This is Radio Clash" - The Clash
"You made me believe in Magic" - Bay City Rollers
"The Great Rock N Roll Swindle" - The Sex Pistols
(5) Who does James regard as his three main musical influences?
Sex Pistols, The Clash, Diana Ross
The Clash, Alice Cooper, Bay City Rollers
Sex Pistols, The Clash, Public Enemy
Public Enemy, Joy Division, The Clash
(6) What is James's date of birth?
21st January, 1969
21st February, 1969
21st January, 1970
21st February, 1970
(7) Who does James share his birthday with?
Some American interviewer
(8) What was James's first experience on stage?
Playing Joseph in a school Nativity Play
Playing Joseph in Joseph And His Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat
Playing the Innkeeper in a school Nativity Play
Playing Dan in Joseph And His Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat
(9) At what age did James get his first guitar?
(10) How much did this first guitar cost him?
(11) Who does James list as his 3 main literary influences?
Dickinson, Sartre, Kerouac
Plath, Pinter, Kerouac
Sartre, Kesey, Plath
Camus, Plath, Dickinson
(12) At what sport did James excel in his younger days?
(13) At what age did James first have the idea of a band?
(14) When did James first gather the Manics together as a band?
When he was 15
When he was 16
When he was 17
When he was 18
(15) How was James partly responsible for the name Manic Street Preachers?
His Mum thought of it
He thought of it
A tramp he knew whilst busking thought of it
His Dad thought of it
(16) What was the first time James was paid as a musician? (Apart from
At a gig in London at the Horse and Groom
At a rugby club in Cardiff
At the Cremlin Railway Miners Hotel in Blackwood
At the Blackwood Miners Institute
(17) What's the most money James ever made busking, and how / why?
£100 at a rugby match in Cardiff, because he sang his own songs
£20 at a school fair in Blackwood, because he was so young
£50 at a rugby match in Cardiff because everyone was so drunk
£10 on his own street corner because his Mum and Dad felt sorry for him
(18) What was James's worst gig, why?
At the Horse and Groom in London, because Nicky was so drunk
At a gig in Norwich because of the 4real incident
At the Astoria just before Richey went missing, because he kept getting
At a free festival in Swansea, because the crowd threw glass bottles
on stage, hitting Nicky and giving him concussion!
(19) What is James's favourite song of The Holy Bible
Archives of Pain
This is Yesterday
(20) James claims he first felt famous when he saw himself on TV, what
channel saw the Manics' first TV appearance?